I came; I slaw; I conquered. A perfect side for your next BBQ, fresh apple and coriander shine in the light and creamy dressing.
Ingredients + Preparation
- Apple (Two, peeled, cored and julienne cut)
- Green cabbage (3 cups, sliced)
- Celery (Two stalks, thinly sliced)
- Coriander (1/2 cup, chopped)
- Chili (One, minced)
- Mayo (4 tbsp)
- Vinegar: White / rice wine or apple cider (1 1/2 tbsp)
- Mustard (1 tbsp)
- Half lemon (For juicing)
- Salt & Pepper (To taste)
1. In a small mixing bowl whisk mayo, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice until consistent.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine apple, cabbage, celery, coriander and chili.
3. Pour dressing over the veggies and mix.
This dish is fairly delicate compared to other coleslaw recipes. Look for a dry light Prosecco with good citrus. The bubbles of the Prosecco should help cleanse the palate and served chilled is perfect on a warm day!
Tips + Tricks
- Remove the seeds from the chili if you want a milder dish.
- If you are buying apples specifically for this recipe, try finding green apples as they add a bit more tang to the dish.
- If you want to bulk this out a bit more add some grated carrot or mix It up with different varieties of cabbage.
Fresh and tasty, this healthy slaw is full of fiber, vitamin C, folate, potassium and manganese. All of these are great for your circulatory, digestive and immune systems. While mayo is high in saturated (bad) fat, this recipe uses much less than many others, so the small amount means this doesn't score too poorly.