Banana's going off in your pantry? These fluffy pancakes are a perfect use with only three simple ingredients. Top them with fresh berries, mint and peanut butter and you could almost call this a dessert. Almost...
Ingredients + Preparation
- Ripe banana (One, peeled)
- Egg (Two)
- Flour: Optional (1/4 cup)
- Salt (One pinch)
- Butter (Two tbsp)
- Peanut butter
1. In the bowl, add banana, egg, flour (if you're using it) and salt.
2. Mix using hand or electric mixer until mixture is consistent, with small chunks of banana remaining.
3. Heat frying pan to medium heat. Once hot, melt butter and spread around pan. Pour in small amounts of the batter to form the individual pancakes. Drop berries on each pancake if desired.
4. Cook on one side for 4 minutes, then use the spatula to flip them. Cook for another 4 minutes.
5. Serve with any combination of butter, syrup, yogurt, berries, peanut butter, yogurt and fresh mint.
Maybe a Bloody Mary if you're nursing a hangover…
Use almond, nut butters or add chopped nuts to the batter to increase protein. This is a decent source of potassium and manganese, vitamins C and B6 - vitamins and minerals that are good for your central nervous system, metabolism and brain health. Try using honey instead of sugary syrups and add plenty of fresh fruits and berries as toppings.