The most important meal of the day is now also the most delicious! A perfect spread for weekend brekkie.
Ingredients + Preparation
- Medium mushrooms: Button, brown or portobello (Four-six, sliced)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Dried herb: Thyme, oregano or parsley (1 tsp)
- Tomato (Three, sliced)
- Smashed avo (See recipe)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Eggs (Four, whisked)
- Baked beans (One jar)
- Bread (Four slices, toasted) - Salt & pepper (To taste)
1. On medium heat, cook mushrooms in oil for 4 minutes, until mushrooms have sweat and start to golden. Season with dried herb and salt & pepper.
2. While the mushroom cooks, make your smashed avo and plate it. Toast your bread & heat beans.
3. Move the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add in tomato. Cook on both sides for 3 minutes, until golden/caramelized. Plate mushrooms and tomato.
4. Wipe out the pan, drop heat to low and add butter. Once butter has melted and bubbled (but before it burns) pour eggs into the middle of the butter.
5. Leave egg to cook in the pan for 30 seconds, then scramble to mix. Turn off burner and allow egg to finish cooking slowly. Mix and flip as needed until eggs are firm but still moist. Plate and enjoy!
Maybe a Bloody Mary if you're nursing a hangover…
Tips + Tricks
- The key to cooking fluffy eggs is to not overcook or cook them too quickly. By removing the pan from the heat half way through it ensures the low residual heat will gently finish the process.
- Wilt some spinach with the mushrooms for added veggies.
This healthy breakfast will stick with you fuel you into the day. Excellent source of protein, omega fatty acids and many vitamins and minerals. Add fresh or wilted veggies for added nutrients!