This simple guac recipe focuses on the freshness of the ingredients while giving a kick from the citrus and tabasco.
Ingredients + Preparation
- Avocado (Two, sliced into cubes)
- Coriander (1 cup, chopped)
- Small red onion (One, finely diced)
- Jalapeno: Fresh or pickled (2 tbsp, minced)
- Lime (Half, for juicing)
- Tabasco (3 shakes, more if you want it spicier)
- Salt & pepper (To taste)
1. Add avocado, coriander, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice and tabasco to the mixing bowl.
2. For a chunkier dip, fold the ingredients over themselves while mixing. If you want it smother then smash the pieces of avo to a texture of your liking!
3. Salt & pepper to taste.
You'd be silly not to make a margarita.
Make a sour mix with 25% lemon juice, 25% lime juice and 50% simple syrup.
Tips + Tricks
- Every man and his perro has a recipe for guac, so this can and should be tweaked based on what good guac is to you. Add extra spice with cayenne or more acidity with fresh tomatoes.
Avocados are a good source of omega-6 fatty acids (or PUFA, "poly-unsaturated fatty acids"), which are healthy fats. One serving of guac delivers 2g of protein, a small amount of potassium, vitamin C and fiber. Eat as much of this guilt free as you want!