Made with just four simple ingredients, this tangy and sweet homemade dressing is a staple in all our salads. Dress to impress!
Ingredients + Preparation
- Olive oil (Three parts)
- Vinegar: White/rice wine or balsamic (Three parts)
- Mustard (French or seeded are good choices - don't use yellow) (Two parts)
- Honey (To taste)
- Salt & pepper (To taste)
1. Add olive oil, vinegar and mustard to jar. Mix until blended.
2. Add honey and salt & pepper to taste. You'll want a decent amount of salt & pepper as this really rounds out the dressing. Mix it.
3. Serve, or store in the fridge. If storing make sure you mix before serving again.
Pair based on presentation
Not something we'd pair directly with wine...
Tips + Tricks
- Use an empty jar as well, which makes saving the dressing easy.
- You can add other things instead of honey such as fruit preserves or syrups.
- This can sit in your fridge for 3-4 days, but after a while it will become slightly less fresh. to combat this just add a small dash of oil & vinegar and mix it up to get a reinvigorated dressing.
Making your own dressing ensures you have a much healthier end result. Home made dressing don't have the saturated (bad) fats and added sugar that most store bought dressings have. Using good quality olive oil delivers 'good' fats and a nicer flavor.