MANGO PICO DE GALLO
Fresh and sweet, this salsa is packed with flavor. Ripe tomato and delicious mango make it the perfect topping for tacos, grilled fish or as guac's sidekick.
Ingredients + Preparation
- Small red onion (One, diced)
- Lime (One, for juicing)
- Large tomatoes (Four, diced)
- Coriander (1 cup, chopped)
- Vinegar: Apple cider or white/rice wine - don't use balsamic (2 tbsp)
- Mango (One, cubed)
- Salt & pepper (To taste)
1. Add red onion, lime juice and vinegar to the mixing bowl and set aside while you prep the other ingredients.
2. Add tomato, coriander to the mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are blended.
3. Add mango and gently mix through.
4. Salt & pepper to taste.
You'd be silly not to make a margarita.
Make a sour mix with 25% lemon juice, 25% lime juice and 50% simple syrup.
Tips + Tricks
- If you're making guac and salsa cut enough onion and coriander for both at the same time. This will limit your prep work!
- Soaking the onion in the lime juice will help take away the undesirable punch of the onion. No one likes onion breath.
- Mangos not in season? You can sub other ingredients easily! Try fruits like strawberries, nectarines or pomegranate, or lightly roasted corn is always a winner.
This healthy and tasty side-dish is high in vitamin C which is good for you for many (too many to list) reasons and fiber (good for digestion). A lot of store bought salsas have added sugar and preservatives, and aren't nearly as fresh as home-made ones.