Cafés don't want you to know this, but you can make brunch at home. This recipe is simple, fresh and delicious, and you won't pay $20 for an avocado!
Ingredients + Preparation
- Avocado (One, cut into cm cubes)
- Feta (1/4 cup)
- Fresh herb: Mint, basil, parsley or dill (1/4 cup, chopped)
- Olive oil (One tbsp)
- Citrus: Lemon or lime (Half, for juicing)
- Salt & pepper (To taste)
1. Cut the avocado in half and make cross cuts through the flesh. Use a spoon to remove and put in mixing bowl.
2. Chop the fresh herb and add to the bowl.
3. Crumble the feta and add to the bowl.
4. Add oil, lemon and salt & pepper to taste. Fold the ingredients in the bowl without overly mashing the avocado pieces.
5. Serve over buttered toasted sourdough with fresh herb garnish.
Maybe a Bloody Mary if you're nursing a hangover…
Excellent ‘full factor’. Avocados, aka “the perfect food”! High fiber, healthy fats and a variety of vitamins and minerals and have scientifically proven abilities to lower cholesterol, regulate blood pressure and improve vascular health. Use good quality feta and enjoy the protein!