VERMICELLI NOODLE SALAD
A simple, cheap and deliciously fresh salad, this dish uses many of the iconic Vietnamese flavors. Perfect as a side to any Asian-inspired main!
Ingredients + Preparation
- Vermicelli noodles (One packet)
- Red pepper (One, seeds cleaned and thinly sliced)
- Carrot (One large, grated)
- Coriander (One bunch, chopped)
- Green onion (One, thinly sliced)
- Cucumber (One, thinly sliced)
- Roasted peanuts (1/2 cup, for garnish)
- Sesame oil (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (One clove, minced)
- Soy sauce (3 tbsp)
- Rice wine vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Lime (One, for juicing)
- Red chilli (To taste)
1. Cook the vermicelli noodles as per the packet instructions (usually soaking the noodles in boiled water for 2-4 minutes). Once cooked drain water and let cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until fully mixed.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine prepped veggies, noodles and dressing. Toss until mixed.
4. Garnish with peanuts.
Rieslings can come in all shapes and sizes. This salad is fairly mild so you have quite a bit of flexibility in wine choice. Whatever you go for, keep it light to match the brighter flavors in in the food!
Tips + Tricks
- Try roast roasting your own peanuts! Simply place them on a baking dish and chuck them in the oven for 5 minutes at 200 C / 400 F.
- Cut the noodles in half prior to soaking. Trust me, its easier when serving!
- You can tons of different veggies to this recipe, depending on what you like and have on hand. Play around!
The vegetables make this salad healthy, so the more you add the better. It's also carb rich, so if you're chasing protein, add extra roasted peanuts or cooked tofu!