WATERMELON & MINT SALAD
Could be a salad or a confused dessert. Either way, juicy watermelon, creamy feta and fresh mint are a delicious addition to your summer BBQs or brunches!
Ingredients + Preparation
- Medium watermelon (Half, rind removed and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Feta (1 cup, crumbled)
- Mint (8-10 leaves, cut chiffonade)
- Salt (1 tsp)
1. In the mixing bowl, combine watermelon, feta, mint and passionfruit.
2. Gently mix ingredients through, trying not to bruise the watermelon or mint.
3. Season with salt & serve.
The intense sweetness of this dish means that many wines may not show very well. Depending on what else you're serving, look around for a white with a bit of acidity and fruit that can be served chilled. Don't go any sweeter than a zinfandel.
Tips + Tricks
- The salt will balance the sweetness of the watermelon and marry up with the feta. Add a bit more or less depending on the flavor profile you want to achieve.
- For a bit more added sweetness and texture add some passionfruit to the mix. For a ripe passionfruit, look For One that is wrinkled and sounds hollow. Blueberries are a great addition too!
The feta adds protein, calcium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium and B vitamins. This salad is also high in anti-oxidants, is good for your bones, teeth, eyes and good for healthy skin, hair, blood, and brain, and among others, your immune system. Nothing to dislike about this one!