Fresh veggies, creamy feta and zesty seasonings combine to create this simple Greek salad. A perfect side for any occasion!
Ingredients + Preparation
- Large tomatoes (Four, eyes removed and cut in bite-sized pieces)
- Large cucumber (One, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Small red onion (One, thinly sliced)
- Pitted olives (1/2 cup)
- Feta (1 cup, crumbled)
- Fresh parsley (1/2 cup, chopped)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Half lemon (For juicing)
- Salt & pepper (To taste)
1. Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix.
2. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Salt & pepper to taste.
It can be difficult to find many Greek wines outside of Greece, but that's slowly changing. Some smaller distributers might have a good Assyrtiko. Otherwise, go for a Provence rose. These are tight and bright, intense, fresh and have generous fruit-forward flavors. Perfect for matching with a crisp clean healthy greek salad.
Tips + Tricks
- To further fill out this salad try adding avocado or, if you can find them, caper leaves give a really unique flavor.
- Try finding the best quality olive oil you can. This will make a bigger difference in flavor than you think!
This healthy salad is a source of potassium, protein, iron, vitamin C and fiber. These are all good for your nervous and immune systems, while fiber aids in digestion. Enjoy as much and as often as you'd like!