ULTIMATE TOASTED SANDWICH
"Buttered bread is the secret to any great sandwich." - Me
Ingredients + Preparation
- Bread: The nicer the better (Two slices)
- Butter (1-2 tbsp)
- Melting cheese (At least enough slices to cover the bread, but I suggest using a guity amount)
- Tomatoes (Sliced)
- Cucumber (Sliced)
- Leafy green: Spinach or lettuce
- Fresh herb: Basil or parsley
- Mayo (1 tbsp)
- Meat: Sautéed chicken, steak, deli meat, pulled polo
1. Spread butter liberally and evenly on one side of each piece of bread.
2. Heat the pan to medium heat. If it smokes the heat is too high.
3. Place the bread butter side down in the pan. Move the bread around the pan to ensure the butter evenly melts.
4. Place the cheese one of piece of bread and then stack with the other bread, butter sides facing out.
5. Cover with the lid and cook for 3 minutes, until the bread has goldened and the cheese begins to melt.
6. Flip the sandwich and cook covered for a further 3 minutes, until the other side of the bread has toasted.
7. Remove from heat and place on the cutting board. Fill with your desired ingredients, including meats, veggies and sauces.
8. Serve quickly to enjoy the melty goodness.
A local micro brewery!
Don't overthink this one.
Tips + Tricks
- A good sandwich is underrated. The key is to get the bread perfectly toasted with the butter. Then you can fill the sandwich with literally anything.
- Try using multiple types of cheeses!
- Wait to flip the sandwich until the cheese has melted. This will keep the two pieces of bread stuck together and stop any unmeted cheese from falling out.
Consider using whole grain bread which is higher in fiber (good for digestion) and B vitamins (needed by all systems). Add extra veggies to make this sandwich healthier as they will provide some vitamins & minerals and aid in digestion.